Sand blowing into pool

FunFinder

LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2015
Cajun country, Louisiana
I searched and read many posts on this subject and it seems I may need to "inspect the laterals", as I think I've covered the other recommendations on this issue, but I'm not sure, so please advise. If I do need to inspect the laterals, any tips on getting the sand out and back in the filter easily would be appreciated.

For those of you interested in the details:
The filter info is in my signature.
-It has been a problem from day 1, which was just this summer. Not much sand, but you can see it in the jet water when pump first comes on. I thought it was just a startup thing- guess not. Yes, I'm sure it is sand.
-I carefully followed the instructions to set up filter. Back washed and rinsed before first filter.
-Sand bought from pool store and said pool sand.
-THANKS TO TFP, I have never had to SLAM and my pool does not get lots of dirt or debris, sparkly water.
-PSI stays at 10.
-today I backwashed and then rinsed for two min. Water runs clear. I am turning pump off to switch gears on the filter.

TIA for your help!

Not much sand, but you can see it in the jet water when pump first comes on.
Puzzling that it comes in at start up and then doesn't come in to the pool any more.

If you can remember where the level was when you filled it, open the top and see how much you have lost. If it's not too much, I don't think I would pursue it....just vacuum it up when you see it.

Thanks for the response Duraleigh! Yes, it seems to be just when the pump comes on. I have vacuumed while in the pool, and it will stay clean as long as I don't turn the pump off and restart- left it on for 3 days, with no problem. Your idea to leave it alone sounds simple enough, will do. Thanks.

Thanks for the response Duraleigh! Yes, it seems to be just when the pump comes on. I have vacuumed while in the pool, and it will stay clean as long as I don't turn the pump off and restart- left it on for 3 days, with no problem. Your idea to leave it alone sounds simple enough, will do. Thanks.
hi, I had a silt from my sand that kept going into the pool after start up. if you have the time to either get to the pump in the morning
just before start up, use the rinse cycle for 30 seconds. that should pump it out.
also if you have a lot of it on you pool floor, and you have the ability, meaning your filter valve, vacuum it all to waste.
I did that by connecting my vacuum and getting a good cleaning of the floor while the pool was still water, it settles on the floor over night.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.