New Pool Underway!

TexKSAH

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 15, 2014
Austin, TX
I'm not big on pics, but here are some. My wife takes a bunch, so I can get more later.

We signed contracts and got HOA approval on 7/21. They started layout and digging on 7/25 (a Saturday) and shot in the gunite on Friday 7/31. Now we are in the 10-day watering/curing period. Don't expect much to be done for the next week or so.

Day 0.jpg

Day before the pool got started.....

Day 1.jpg

End of 1st day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quota exceeded so I can't upload more right now. Guess I need to check that out. Are we limited to so much per day?

I corrected the days (it was actually 6 from start to gunite) but yeah, I think it's going real fast. Hopefully it will continue and we can be swimming by Sept!

They didn't leave me room for the stenner tank/pump on the pad though :(

They started Sundek prep yesterday and are sundeking and doing startup today. Will be swimming this weekend!!! I still have a couple planter boxes and some sod to lay so it will be nice being able to cool off in the pool. I'm still shocked on how fast they got this done and what a great job they did.

Rock work completed.

Ready for concrete decks.

Decks and grading complete.

Pool full and decks cleaned/prepped for Sundek.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looking at your plumbing it appears there is not a backflow preventer between the Chlorinator and the Heater.
This is a concern.
When the pump is not running, concentrated chlorine dissolves in chlorinator and can run back into heater.
This can shorten the life of the heater significantly.

I went swimming last night! Well, really brushing while in the pool :). Sundek is done, looks awesome. We can put our furniture back Sat on the decks so I'll get one final pic with everything done except plants in the planter boxes which we will probably wait on. Super is going to get the stone mason back to do some tweeks on the waterfall to get it to flow more evenly, but otherwise, we are done. They will be doing a "pool School" for us soon. That will be interesting knowing now what I've learned here :)

ozdiver, yes there is a check valve immediately behind the chlorinator. Looks like an oversized coupling. It may be hard to make out without zooming in.

I went swimming last night! Well, really brushing while in the pool :). Sundek is done, looks awesome. We can put our furniture back Sat on the decks so I'll get one final pic with everything done except plants in the planter boxes which we will probably wait on. Super is going to get the stone mason back to do some tweeks on the waterfall to get it to flow more evenly, but otherwise, we are done. They will be doing a "pool School" for us soon. That will be interesting knowing now what I've learned here :)

ozdiver, yes there is a check valve immediately behind the chlorinator. Looks like an oversized coupling. It may be hard to make out without zooming in.

Can't wait to see yours completed. Looks like it will be incredible!

Thanks I hope it comes out ok. It has been a real struggle but finally it is moving with the appearance that it will be done at some point.

Are they putting sun deck on your rounded existing patio as well? I was surprised how well that cleaned up after they removed the wall off of it. I was wondering how that would happen. What part of Austin are you in? I am in West or SW depending on who you ask.

Thanks I hope it comes out ok. It has been a real struggle but finally it is moving with the appearance that it will be done at some point.

Are they putting sun deck on your rounded existing patio as well? I was surprised how well that cleaned up after they removed the wall off of it. I was wondering how that would happen. What part of Austin are you in? I am in West or SW depending on who you ask.

Yes, we had all the existing deck (covered and uncovered) sundeked as well. With replacing the fire pit and knee wall caps with the same flagstone as the coping and sundeking it all, it looks like it was all completed at the same time. We are very happy with how it turned out.

We live just northwest of Georgetown. I say Austin since most people outside of Central Texas know Austin but not Georgetown.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.