Soundproofing with planter boxes to reduce pump noise

Aug 4, 2015
Washington
Split from Soundproofing to reduce pump noise Zea3

I'm working around the same problem (noisy pump with neighbors) and just had an idea. I've been looking around the net and it seems that a lot of professional noise solutions don't bother putting lids on their "boxes" because once sound starts going up, it keeps going up (and not toward your neighbors). The problem with most of the solutions are that they recommend their fancy noiseproofing materiels that cost like $350 for a panel. Anyway, so here's my idea: Planter boxes. Isn't dirt a pretty good sound dampener? So why not make some narrow planter boxes that will surround your pump (with some clever through-holes for plumbing), and get some flowers out of the deal?

Hello NeuPool and welcome to TFP.

I had to go back and read the link provided to see why this thread was split and it seems as though you posted to a very old thread.

Regardless, I'd like to welcome you and hope you figure out your noisy pump deal with the neighbors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.