Sand filter gauge replacement

Newerabs

Jul 22, 2015
Eaton Rapids
So I'm finally getting around to replace my broken pressure gauge on my sand filter but I've run into an issue... getting the old one off. It doesn't appear to turn at all and I don't want to break anything else.

I'm attaching some pictures in the hopes that someone might have an idea.

I also don't know what kind of sand filter it is (it was given to me by the same person who game me the pool) so I was also hoping maybe someone would recognize it and could point me in the right direction for what kind of gauge I should buy.

Thanks!

It will screw off. In the first picture you see a square metal area just behind the gauge dial. You can out a wrench on that and turn it counter clockwise looking at the top of the gauge (Right to left in the picture).

Hello and welcome to TFP, :wave:

The nut you see on the back of the gauge, where it threads into top of filter. Put a wrench on that and turn counter clockwise, it might be tight at first, but should come loose. If you have to put a 5 foot cheater bar on it;-), then stop !

Seriously though it should, it should break loose and unscrew from filter.

If you haven't already bought a replacement, I recommend the one that TFtestkit sells, It's the perfect gauge and priced right. As far as brand of filter, I'll leave that to more knowledgeable people to answer.:)

Hope that helps. Let us know how it comes out. :thumleft:

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to put a little pipe thread on the replacement gauge

Hello and welcome to TFP, :wave:

The nut you see on the back of the gauge, where it threads into top of filter. Put a wrench on that and turn counter clockwise, it might be tight at first, but should come loose. If you have to put a 5 foot cheater bar on it;-), then stop !

Seriously though it should, it should break loose and unscrew from filter.

If you haven't already bought a replacement, I recommend the one that TFtestkit sells, It's the perfect gauge and priced right. As far as brand of filter, I'll leave that to more knowledgeable people to answer.:)

Hope that helps. Let us know how it comes out. :thumleft:

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to put a little pipe thread on the replacement gauge

Thanks so much! Quick question before I do this, will I need to put the filter to "close" or anything like that?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.