SLAM Complete, Now Have Questions About SWG

john.esher

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Havertown, PA
Now that my water is clear, the OCLT yields a .4 overnight drop and there's no CC, I have a question about pump/SWG timing.

Reading Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs I find that I should run the pump during the day. I'll start with 4 hours and check my FC level after sundown to determine if it's keeping up.

I get about 50% direct sun coverage during the day. What would be the best time to run it: morning or afternoon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think running it during the day, when sunlight and bather load is using up chlorine. But as others will tell you, it also depends on whether your electric rates are higher during daylight peak times. If they are that might be a consideration.

As far as how long to let pump run, if you can keep pool clear at 4 hours by bumping up SWG, that would be better than lowering SWG and running pump longer. IMO.

So this morning I was at 8.4 ppm of FC. Twelve hours later (sunny day about 90') I'm at 7.2 ppm. So I lost about 1.2 ppm with a pump run time of 6 hours. I'll increase it to 7 tomorrow morning and see how I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.