Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SLAM Complete, Now Have Questions About SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

SLAM Complete, Now Have Questions About SWG

Now that my water is clear, the OCLT yields a .4 overnight drop and there's no CC, I have a question about pump/SWG timing.

Reading Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs I find that I should run the pump during the day. I'll start with 4 hours and check my FC level after sundown to determine if it's keeping up.

I get about 50% direct sun coverage during the day. What would be the best time to run it: morning or afternoon?

Intex 18' x 52" AG with Sand Filter Pump & SWG (Model ECO15110) about 7,600 gallons tested with a K-2006-SALT.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SLAM Complete, Now Have Questions About SWG

I think running it during the day, when sunlight and bather load is using up chlorine. But as others will tell you, it also depends on whether your electric rates are higher during daylight peak times. If they are that might be a consideration.

As far as how long to let pump run, if you can keep pool clear at 4 hours by bumping up SWG, that would be better than lowering SWG and running pump longer. IMO.
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

if you can keep pool clear at 4 hours
    Lefty nails it......IF you can keep the pool clear on 4 hours run time. Many can but many have pools that are too active and need more filtration.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

So this morning I was at 8.4 ppm of FC. Twelve hours later (sunny day about 90') I'm at 7.2 ppm. So I lost about 1.2 ppm with a pump run time of 6 hours. I'll increase it to 7 tomorrow morning and see how I do.

Intex 18' x 52" AG with Sand Filter Pump & SWG (Model ECO15110) about 7,600 gallons tested with a K-2006-SALT.