FC 29 last night around 9..28 at 7am.. But new algae?

nyvram

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 14, 2015
Fairview, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm on day 3 of SLAM. Very encouraged by how much more stable the chlorine levels are this am but discouraged to find green on the liner in places again.

I put 58 drops into the chlorine test last night before it turned clear and 56 this morning.

I removed the new debris and brushed the algae and overall the pool is much more clear but is it normal to see new algae even at these levels and with the chlorine not dropping much?

It's possible I missed some of the algae in the dark last night too but I don't think I missed this much.

My CYA was 60 at the start so I'm trying to keep the FC over 25.

Sand filter pressure is only 1psi above normal and I emptied the skimmer. Pump has been running 24/7

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

How's your circulation? The thing about Algae is it will grow in any 'dead' water where the FC might be lower. Take your sample near the area that has algae growing and see if the FC is lower. Also be sure to check your ladders, lights, skimmers, etc for any pockets of algae that could be throwing off spores.

1. only get the slightest tinge of pink after 5 drops and 2 drops of 871 brings it back clear.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
You are not yet done with the SLAM.

The SLAM is complete when you can pass:
1) The water is clear (visable algae/fail)
2) CC is = or < 0.5ppm (2 drops = 1.0ppm/fail)
3) OCLT = or < 1.0ppm (pass)

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.