Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FC 29 last night around 9..28 at 7am.. But new algae?

1. Back To Top    #1

FC 29 last night around 9..28 at 7am.. But new algae?

I'm on day 3 of SLAM. Very encouraged by how much more stable the chlorine levels are this am but discouraged to find green on the liner in places again.

I put 58 drops into the chlorine test last night before it turned clear and 56 this morning.

I removed the new debris and brushed the algae and overall the pool is much more clear but is it normal to see new algae even at these levels and with the chlorine not dropping much?

It's possible I missed some of the algae in the dark last night too but I don't think I missed this much.

My CYA was 60 at the start so I'm trying to keep the FC over 25.

Sand filter pressure is only 1psi above normal and I emptied the skimmer. Pump has been running 24/7

33x15' INGROUND pool roughly 14,800 gallons. liner, hayward multiport, sand filter (S-210S), pentair century 3/4hp pump (1081) & 320 automatic chlorinator. skimmer at one end of pool, 2 returns at the other.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FC 29 last night around 9..28 at 7am.. But new algae?

What was your CC results?
    18' x 38' Pool, 3' to 8' Depth
    Vinyl Liner
    SWG
    Variable Speed Pump
    Sand Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by robertmee View Post
    What was your CC results?
    1. only get the slightest tinge of pink after 5 drops and 2 drops of 871 brings it back clear.

33x15' INGROUND pool roughly 14,800 gallons. liner, hayward multiport, sand filter (S-210S), pentair century 3/4hp pump (1081) & 320 automatic chlorinator. skimmer at one end of pool, 2 returns at the other.

4. Back To Top    #4

How's your circulation? The thing about Algae is it will grow in any 'dead' water where the FC might be lower. Take your sample near the area that has algae growing and see if the FC is lower. Also be sure to check your ladders, lights, skimmers, etc for any pockets of algae that could be throwing off spores.
    18' x 38' Pool, 3' to 8' Depth
    Vinyl Liner
    SWG
    Variable Speed Pump
    Sand Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by nyvram View Post
    1. only get the slightest tinge of pink after 5 drops and 2 drops of 871 brings it back clear.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    You are not yet done with the SLAM.

The SLAM is complete when you can pass:
    1) The water is clear (visable algae/fail)
    2) CC is = or < 0.5ppm (2 drops = 1.0ppm/fail)
    3) OCLT = or < 1.0ppm (pass)

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

I think is the effect of brushing, don't be discouraged, you are doing good, it look bad but it will look better!!!
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart