Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A little supprise in the Pool this AM

1. Back To Top    #1

A little supprise in the Pool this AM

I guess the wind was stronger that I expected last night

As soon as the Lighting stops I'll go in & close it for recovery

InPool.jpg
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A little supprise in the Pool this AM

Hey, at least you can see every detail of it down there.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yea, I just noticed a few leaves that i'll grab when i do the recovery
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

4. Back To Top    #4

Lol, my umbrella did the same a couple of weeks ago. But instead of landing in the pool it landed across the yard. Hard, with a couple of tears and a broken spar. I'll take the pool landing any day, lol...
    15k in-ground plaster, Hayward C900 cartridge, 1.5hp Pentair SuperFlo VS pump, Hayward AQR15 SWG, Barracuda G2 suction cleaner, TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

At least it wasn't a glass-topped table.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

20150804_074429.jpg
    North shore long island here, thank god this didn't go into pool.
    14000 gallon 16x32 roman in ground vinyl, Hayward 140k heat pump, swg, de filter 1 1\2 HP v.s. pump. Built in June 2014. Tf100 test kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

Yeah, I'm in Huntington and we got hit by the same storm, Looks like my Weber found it's way into your yard
    Edit, I just heard the 35,000 NorthShore homes without power, some for a couple of days!

Richard
    About 10 years ago we had a glass table sent into the pool and it broke into so many pieces.
    I think it took me a week of vacuuming until l felt it was safe enough for people to go in

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by suzook View Post
    20150804_074429.jpg
    North shore long island here, thank god this didn't go into pool.
    Is that what woodyps' pool looks like after a party ????
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

9. Back To Top    #9

[QUOTE=EVChargeGuy;895910]Yeah, I'm in Huntington and we got hit by the same storm, Looks like my Weber found it's way into your yard
    Edit, I just heard the 35,000 NorthShore homes without power, some for a couple of days!

I've got family in Oyster Bay and Lindenhurst... wonder if they had problems?
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

10. Back To Top    #10

I doubt Lindenhurst, but OB was in the path of the main storm. The storm was short but wicked