Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A little supprise in the Pool this AM

1. Back To Top    #1

A little supprise in the Pool this AM

I guess the wind was stronger that I expected last night

As soon as the Lighting stops I'll go in & close it for recovery

InPool.jpg
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A little supprise in the Pool this AM

Hey, at least you can see every detail of it down there.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yea, I just noticed a few leaves that i'll grab when i do the recovery
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

4. Back To Top    #4

Lol, my umbrella did the same a couple of weeks ago. But instead of landing in the pool it landed across the yard. Hard, with a couple of tears and a broken spar. I'll take the pool landing any day, lol...
    15k in-ground plaster, Hayward C900 cartridge, 3/4hp single speed pump, Barracuda G2 cleaner, TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

At least it wasn't a glass-topped table.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

20150804_074429.jpg
    North shore long island here, thank god this didn't go into pool.
    14000 gallon 16x32 roman in ground vinyl, Hayward 140k heat pump, swg, de filter 1 1\2 HP v.s. pump. Built in June 2014. Tf100 test kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

Yeah, I'm in Huntington and we got hit by the same storm, Looks like my Weber found it's way into your yard
    Edit, I just heard the 35,000 NorthShore homes without power, some for a couple of days!

Richard
    About 10 years ago we had a glass table sent into the pool and it broke into so many pieces.
    I think it took me a week of vacuuming until l felt it was safe enough for people to go in

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by suzook View Post
    20150804_074429.jpg
    North shore long island here, thank god this didn't go into pool.
    Is that what woodyps' pool looks like after a party ????
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir

9. Back To Top    #9

[QUOTE=EVChargeGuy;895910]Yeah, I'm in Huntington and we got hit by the same storm, Looks like my Weber found it's way into your yard
    Edit, I just heard the 35,000 NorthShore homes without power, some for a couple of days!

I've got family in Oyster Bay and Lindenhurst... wonder if they had problems?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

10. Back To Top    #10

I doubt Lindenhurst, but OB was in the path of the main storm. The storm was short but wicked