Pool Newbie - What equipment to turn off (and how) - before cleaning salt cell

rubyag

Aug 3, 2015
Lewisville, tx
Hi - I am a pool newbie - just bought a house with a 15K gal pool - with SWG.
I saw some green algae on the steps the first day. Took the water to Leslie's for a test.
Results -
FC - 0
TC - 0
Salt 3800
CH - 180
CYA - 15
TA - 120
pH - 8.0

The first day I put Muriatic Acid and let the filter run for 4 hrs.
Next day added pool shock 2 bags (chlor brite). Thats when I saw that the AquaRite unit was set to off. Turned it on - that was yesterday.
Brushed quite a bit. The algae seems to be lighter.
Today checked the unit again - and the salt is at 1800, check salt is red and inspect cell is orange.

I ordered my TF 100 strips today. So cannot test myself for a couple days. Will take the water again to Leslie's tomorrow.

I dont want to add salt yet - because the salt in original reading was correct.
I read up on how to clean the salt cell and I am comfortable opening the T-Cell and cleaning it.
The part I am not sure of is how to turn the unit off. What all needs to eb done.
Do I turn the filter off. Aquarite unit off. Then the switch (there is one near the pool equipment).
Then take the salt cell cord out?

I am still trying to understand all this equipment (there ae lot of levers and I am not sure if I should be touching any of these at this time).

Tried Youtube videos - most say - turn off the unit - not sure what all..).
Any help is appreciated..

Thanks!

There should be a circuit breaker that will cut power to the SWG. Turn it off. And turn off the pump so you don't shoot water everywhere when you take out the cell. :)

Thanks.
So - I will check tomorrow which breaker turns power off for SWG. What is the general location for these breakers - with the rest of the circuit breaker in the house, or close to the pool.
I didn't see any apparent near the pool. I will check again.
And when you say - turn off the pump - you mean filter pump, right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.