Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heater crapping out, should I try and fix or replace???

1. Back To Top    #1

Heater crapping out, should I try and fix or replace???

TFP'ers,
    I just bought the house with pool/spa and it has a Jandy LITE2 heater. The first day, it heated up the spa great. Since then, it will only heat up to about 94 degrees. Some photos here: https://goo.gl/photos/hKm9CKKw9spLkotNA.

Any ideas on whether this is something that can be fixed, or should I look to replace it all together? If replace, any recommendations on a heater that would fit into same area and with same pipes?

Thanks!

McLovin
    Thanks,
    McLovin

12,500 gal, In ground, salt water, gunite/pebble, Jandy CL580 pool/spa filter, aqua pure PLC1400, Jandy LITE 2 heater, Aqualink RS

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Heater crapping out, should I try and fix or replace???

Hello! I would post this question in the Everything Else forum. They have an expert that knows about heaters and he will be able to answer all of your questions. I have the same heater but have not used it since buying our house.
    39YO 13K gallon former SWAMP/MONEY PIT, concrete bottom/Fiberglass Walls, Ecotech VS pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Dolphin DX5 Plus, Loop-Loc safety cover and YES, I have a TFT-100 test kit!

Shock Level and Maintain - CL/CYA Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Heater crapping out, should I try and fix or replace???

Thanks - will do.
    Thanks,
    McLovin

12,500 gal, In ground, salt water, gunite/pebble, Jandy CL580 pool/spa filter, aqua pure PLC1400, Jandy LITE 2 heater, Aqualink RS