Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Control Panel Orientation Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Control Panel Orientation Question

Good Evening, everyone. I just unpacked my spa and have a question on how the control panel should be oriented. If I am standing outside of my spa, should the control panel be right side up or upside down to my view? The control panel is located in the front of the spa on the top center edge per usual. Yes, I do know I have the option of inverting the LED readout but I would like your opinions. Thank you.
    2015 Bullfrog 131 180 gal Spa Indoor, TFP bromine fed, Taylor K-2106
    2012 2500 gal. Round vinyl AG Pool, Hayward Easy Clear Filter System, chlorine
    1994 Rubbermaid 175 gal horse tub, still looking for advice on algae problem.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Control Panel Orientation Question

Mine is right side up from outside the tub, that is how it arrived. Seems fine. Not sure if I use it more from inside or out.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Control Panel Orientation Question

Pooldv, Thank you for your post and the fact that you are not sure which direction you use it most. That makes me feel better. I called the dealer, he had no clue as they rarely, if ever, sell the 131. Kind of made me feel like I bought the black sheep of the Bullfrog line. He said that since the top edge is tipped inwards, it makes sense for the panel to be oriented to the person in the tub. That answer did not make sense to me because I would think you would want the edge sloped inwards to retain the water and the control panel was not installed in relation to sloping.

I spent the time calling the manufacturer. He said that on all the rest of the models, the control panel was oriented to the person on the outside of the tub. He then said he was confident that mine was installed incorrectly. So, I am going to live with it. I have to rationalize it using the theory that the person inside the tub should be able to configure it with more ease than the person on the outside of the tub.
    2015 Bullfrog 131 180 gal Spa Indoor, TFP bromine fed, Taylor K-2106
    2012 2500 gal. Round vinyl AG Pool, Hayward Easy Clear Filter System, chlorine
    1994 Rubbermaid 175 gal horse tub, still looking for advice on algae problem.