Pentair challenger pump

Jun 6, 2015
madisonville, tx
Running a Hayward Sand Filter with a pentair challenger 2hp pump. Replaced the impeller and diffuser on the pump yesterday and when I hooked the pump back up to the timer... nothing. When I switch the mechanical timer on manually, still nothing. It's as if I have no power to the pump. I do have power to the timer. Thinking I may have missed a connection and hoping I didn't jar something loose in the motor. Anyone have any experience with these? Is it possible there's a grind to the actual motor housing I'm missing? Three wires off the pump. Blue, white, and black. The blue is wired to a blue wire coming out of the fuse panel and the white and black to the timer. What's the best way to test this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I am terrible at this and it would have me frustrated! lol

:bump: to see if we can get you some help.

First thing I would do is trace the power from the breaker to the time clock to the motor. If you do not have a meter they are very inexpensive to buy. Not sure the voltage here. I am assuming the motor does nothing, not even a whine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.