Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sand Filter/Skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

Aiken SC

Sand Filter/Skimmer

Hello all and I hope everyone is enjoying their pools, I am that's for sure being down here in the South. Next question. My pool (22' x 54") is by a few large trees and every day I notice more and more leaves in the pool. I wanted to swim and not clean before getting in. The leaves are even in the bottom of the pool as well. My first question is a skimmer/vac. I can a piece here and there, but not a kit. With it being late in the year, I'm sure the new ones will be coming out soon. So does anyone have any suggestions on a kit that is a skimmer/vac.?

Currently, I'm using the pump filter that came with the pool. But I'm coming to the point where I've heard that a sand filter is better. So does anyone have one that a beginner could use and do a good job?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Sand Filter/Skimmer

What brand of pool?

Sand filter is way better. If you have an Intex, I'd suggest the filter in my signature as you have about the same size pool I do.

As for skimmer/vac there are lots of threads on this site. You need both (in my opinion) for a pool that size.

This is the vacuum I use: : Aquabot AJET121I Pool Rover S20-40I Robotic Pool Cleaner Ideal For Above Ground Pools : Swimming Pool Robotic Cleaners : Patio, Lawn Garden
    Intex 12'x24'x52"
    8,403 gallons
    Intex SF60110 2450 GPH Sand Filter
    Intex CS8110 SWG
    Aquabot AJET121I Pool Rover S20-40