Platinum Supporter
May 16, 2011
TX (~30 miles south of Dallas)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I found a guy selling a like new Dolphin Z5 that he says has only been used 8 times in 2 weeks for $850. He has the receipt from epicpoolsupply which he says can be used to get the warranty, but I'm not sure how that would work. He has a vinyl pool that he says the robot doesn't work well in and that's why he's selling it. I can go to his house and see that it functions properly in his pool before I buy it. It comes with everything it was originally shipped with -- caddy, remote, cleaner, receipt and warranty card.

Do you think this is a good deal? I'm a little concerned about the warranty, but maybe I can still get it. Please let me know what you think. I don't want this to get away if it's as good of a deal as it seems like. Thanks!

After talking with Maytronics on the phone and confirming that I could get the warranty on this unit, my husband and I went and bought it today. The guy showed us how it worked, and considering his vinyl liner pool had algae, we got to see it leave "clean" tracks across the pool floor. But now the sponges on the rollers are green with algae and I want to make sure I deal with them properly before I store this thing until our pool is built. We rinsed them off which helped a little, but there is still residual green in them. Is it right to assume that if they dry completely the algae will die and when I use it in our new pool it won't cause any trouble?

Also, since this pool of ours won't be built until the fall or winter, what is the recommended way to store this thing? Do I need to worry about it sitting on the rollers all that time? We have the caddy, if that helps.

Good deal - especially that Maytronics will honor the warranty. Always worth contacting the manufacturer, worst they can say is no.

As for the greenish rollers, maybe clean them in a bleach/water mixture - say 25% household bleach and 75% water. Remember to rinse really well with fresh water when done. No need for them to rot out while you wait a few months to be able to use it.

I would think storing it in the caddy would keep the rollers from getting flat spots from direct surface contact while sitting for extended periods - but not entirely sure, as I dont have this unit. Set it in the caddy and see if the rollers still make firm contact - if not, you're good to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.