Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: diversion valve leak

1. Back To Top    #1

diversion valve leak

I have an Ortega valve that diverts water to the (unused spa) or to the always used waterslide. It is leaking badly and looks like it is coming from between the handle and valve cover plate. It doesn't seem like you can buy the entire valve without spending quite a bit of money. Does anyone have an idea of which part might need to be replaced?
    hippchixx
    22,000 gl black bottom with 45' rock waterslide that we added after we bought the house. Pentair Intelliflow, Pentair Quad D.E.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: diversion valve leak

I would check the o-rings and see what kind of shape they are in. Coat them with silicone pool lube and see if that stops the leak. If the o-rings are stretched out or cracked they will need to be replaced.

Here is a diagram of the parts. http://www.poolcenter.com/p/3-port-c...diverter-parts
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: diversion valve leak

Thank you, O-rings are easy. Hopefully that's it. Just a girl trying to take care of stuff myself and found it's better to double check even if it seems to be the obvious! I will be taking it apart tomorrow.
    hippchixx
    22,000 gl black bottom with 45' rock waterslide that we added after we bought the house. Pentair Intelliflow, Pentair Quad D.E.