Fighting cloudy water

Aug 3, 2015
Ligonier
22,000 gal. Above ground intex pool. It's my first year and the water was crystal clear for a while and we were just testing and maintaining the chlorine and ph levels and all was good. Shock once a week and water was great then one day it turned cloudy and we have been fighting it ever since! Going in 3 weeks now fighting and taking samples to the pool store only to spend money on products they say will work but end up days later with the same results. Now I'm starting to get a slightly green tint to the water. Here are my levels today please help if you can. Thanks!!
Currently using a 6 way test strip so here goes...TH: 400, FC:2/4, PH:7.5, TA:180, CYA: 30-50. Again any advice you can give would be great we have never had a pool this large before. Thanks again!

Welcome to TFP!

Everything you say is right out of the pool store book on pool care. I'm sorry to say, their way does not work well.

Our methods are based on accurate testing and treating the pool with what it needs only when it needs it. Unfortunately test strips are worthless and pool store testing is hit or miss, usually miss.

To follow our methods you need an accurate test kit based on Taylor chemicals. They are the gold standard in the industry. I recommend a TF100 kit from TFTestkits.net. When you get it purchase the XL option as that will give you the additional reagents you will need to SLAM the pool.

Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

TFTestkits.net

Mjburns, sorry about your misfortune with the pool. Read all of the information provided here in this website and you will find yourself more educated and prepared to battle your pool problems. I have only had my pool for a little over two months. I have a Taylor K2006 test kit and follow the instructions provided here and from some of the experts that post regularly. I spend a few minutes each morning with my pool and following the information and pool math calculator on this website. Because of everything I've learned here, my pool rocks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.