Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which robot??

1. Back To Top    #1
    Eldridge Iowa

Which robot??

I'm looking at all the options and reviews but not sure what would be best since I've never owned a pool before. They are gonna dig this week, so I thought I better get this ordered. Our pool will be a 20x44x30 with a 6x20 sun deck and underliner steps. Looking at the Dolphin oasis Z5 but really don't want to spend that much if possible. We are lucky because we don't have any close trees, so leaves will only be an issue in the fall when they blow from the neighbors. Suggestions please. Thanks!!
    20x44x30 L shape Only Alpha with 6' sun deck with 2 bubblers, 350k heater, 1 1/2 HP and SWG. Dolphin Nautilus Plus. Estimated construction start time is beginning of Aug.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: Which robot??

I've heard great reviews recently here on TFP about the Nautilus and new Nautilus plus. Would be worth looking into those two as well.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3
    Longview, Texas

Re: Which robot??

I have a dolphin Nautilus, and its a very good economically priced basic robot. It will randomly climb the walls and clean a little bit of water line each time it does. It does a fantastic job of keeping the whole floor clean and will pick up small to medium size leaves.

This is my second season with it, and no problems at all.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!