Intex pump isn't working

Jul 1, 2015
Dumas, AR
I have an Intex 1000gph filter pump. It used to work wonderfully. Lately it won't turn on. I can't get all the water out of the pump so it can turn on. When I turn the top valve I hear release but water never comes out of the top anymore. The water will come out of the outlet hose when I hold the vacuum to the return. Any thoughts on why the air won't come all the way out?

Little confused so I need to clarify ...... You state the pump won't turn-on (lately) which would indicate an electrical issue. Are you still receiving power to the pump? Have you checked the breakers or tried another power outlet source?

The pump needs to be on (running with power) to pull water into the pump thereby allowing you to "burp" air from the relief valve at the top. From there, with the pump on and air relief valve open on the top, some folks will try tipping the pump slightly from side-to-side to get the water to flow up and through the pump - to include out of the relief valve to burp the air trapped inside.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.