Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool in Florida - Color is Antigua

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool in Florida - Color is Antigua

FullSizeRender[1].jpg
    FullSizeRender[3].jpg
    When I was building my pool it was hard to find pics of my selected pool color, so I thought it was a good time to post some pics and see if this helps someone else.
    My pool was completed in January 2015. The pool surface is pebble aggregate in FreeStone Marbletite, and the color is Antigua. We are really happy with the color, and the builder was terrific. There were two co-workers at my place of business that had pools built by Craft Master Pools and recommended them to me, which is the best way to find a builder, I think. The pool is approx. 36 x 18.
    I'll post a few more pics and I'll be happy to answer any questions.
    Free-form concrete inground pool ~36x22. 5x8 foot rock waterfall. 7ft dia. Spa with spillover. ~7 ft sun shelf. "Antigua" Freestone Marbletite pebble aggregate surface. Hayward Pro Logic 8 control system. Hayward ColorLogic LED lighting. Hayward EcoStar variable speed pump. Hayward cartridge filter. Separate Hayward pump for rock waterfall. Deck in Artistic Pavers in ShellLock style. Constructed in Jan. 2015 by Craft Master Pools.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool in Florida - Color is Antigua

Very nice! Happy to hear someone out there actually had a good pool builder they were happy with. I've seen too many horror stories lately. Enjoy that oasis!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

looks lovely and relaxing! love the blue!
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Love it!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Good looking pool! Enjoy
    32 x 15 15500 gal. IG gunite, 6 ft. round attached spa, diamond brite 2 plaster, flagstone coping w/concrete spray deck, IntelliChlor IC-40 SWG, 2 hp Max-E-Pro pump, 450 sq.ft. System 3 cartridge filter, 400k Max-E-Therm NG heater, automation is IntelliTouch i7+3, Polaris 280 pressure side cleaner,
    TS 100, Borax

6. Back To Top    #6

That a very pretty pool! Good pick for the color!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Pool is gorgeous and the yard is so nice and peaceful looking, very cool and calm colors.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

8. Back To Top    #8

Beautiful pool and you being in Florida will enjoy it a lot. Can you tell me what the privacy hedge in the background is. What part of Florida because I live here to. I love the choice of pool surface. I'm going to start a new one in a couple of weeks so I'm reading every thing I can. Beautiful Pool
    Roman Style IG 14X28, Gunite Pool and Screen Cage
    11600 gallons, 3.5 ft - 6.0 ft SWG TF100 Kit:)
    Spa with spill over, tanning ledge, swim bench
    Finish TBD, along with equipment and paver's
    Water trucked in were on well system in Florida:)

9. Back To Top    #9

We're in south Florida, Palm Beach County. I'm on a zero lot line, so that hedge belongs to my neighbor. It's a ficus, which can be sort of bad to have near water, because the root system is very invasive and aggressive. On the plus side, it is very hardy and grows quickly and easily.
    We are very happy with the pebble aggregate finish. It's Freestone Marbletite. The surface has a nice comforting grip to it, but doesn't scrape your feet.

Since your pavers are TBD, I can highly recommend the pavers we got. They are called Artistic Pavers and the variety we chose was called "ShellLock", which has tiny sea shells embedded in them.
    They are very dense in construction so you won't see algae or mold growing on them. That means you won't have to bleach or pressure-wash them as you would with some natural stones. We chose a light, peachy sort of color and they don't get hot in the sun, just warm, even though our yard is facing west and gets blasted by sun almost the whole day. They also don't get slippery and they have beveled edges so you don't stub your toes on them. They look great, and feel great under foot.
    Free-form concrete inground pool ~36x22. 5x8 foot rock waterfall. 7ft dia. Spa with spillover. ~7 ft sun shelf. "Antigua" Freestone Marbletite pebble aggregate surface. Hayward Pro Logic 8 control system. Hayward ColorLogic LED lighting. Hayward EcoStar variable speed pump. Hayward cartridge filter. Separate Hayward pump for rock waterfall. Deck in Artistic Pavers in ShellLock style. Constructed in Jan. 2015 by Craft Master Pools.

10. Back To Top    #10

thanks StevieA

I can't seem to make up my mind. I love your pool and color. It does help to be able to see a picture of a real pool. I've brought home chips and compared on website but you are so gracious to provide a picture. Can you tell me the difference between Pebble Aggregate finish or Pebble Tech or is there difference in price. The reason I'm asking is another site I read that when it comes to pool finish Pebble Tech will last longer. Just asking because sites have different opinions. I also love the Artistic Pavers and didn't even know they existed. Would that be more expensive than pavers and I wouldn't stub my toe your right. I have not signed a contract yet because I want to be educated. I've had pools fiberglass and Vinyl but this is my first custom.
    Thank You
    D
    Roman Style IG 14X28, Gunite Pool and Screen Cage
    11600 gallons, 3.5 ft - 6.0 ft SWG TF100 Kit:)
    Spa with spill over, tanning ledge, swim bench
    Finish TBD, along with equipment and paver's
    Water trucked in were on well system in Florida:)

11. Back To Top    #11

thanks so much for posting this, i have been trying to find a good picture of antigua freestone! I am trying to decide between that and the Oslo.