Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: scottrodo from Wheeling, WV

1. Back To Top    #1

Wheeling, WV

scottrodo from Wheeling, WV

Hi all. I'm Scott from Northern Panhandle of WV (Wheeling). I'm putting up a new AG, albeit a bit late in the year for it. My previous AG collapsed last fall due to weakened wall below the return port that I did not recognize severity of. At least I got some warranty coverage and, more importantly, nobody was in or near the pool when it happened. Potentially serious injuries were averted. I had been flying by seat of my pants as far as pool balances went. This site has really given me a lot of great info to treat the new pool. Previous pool would get periodic algae blooms and I struggled mightily with various expensive products. The things I'm reading here make it appear that I should, with just a modicum of disciplined testing, be able to maintain my water much more effectively and efficiently than before. Of course, the proof is in the pudding but I can't see how I can do anything but save money and headaches by following the guidance here.

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: scottrodo from Wheeling, WV

Hello Scott and welcome! We're happy to have you with us. If you've been around for a while, you know below are some of our most treasured pages:
    Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
    Poolmath calculator
    Pool School - Recommended Levels
    Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    Pool School - Test Kits Compared

If you have any questions, just ask. Welcome!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Cibolo, TX

Welcome, Scott. I can attest to the advice on this site - my water is crystal clear & I've never been in a pool store! Hopefully you have the same success, just make sure you get a high-quality test kit like the TF-100. You can't fix what you don't measure! Enjoy.
    16,661 gal IG PebbleTec w/ Spa; 60 ft2 Jandy DE filter, 2 HP Jandy Variable Speed pump; 2 skimmer; 400K BTU Jandy heater; Polaris Sport; opened 9/15/14; TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4
    Lakeland, FL

17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW PA

Welcome to TFP! So glad to hear no one was in or around the pool when it went! That's a pretty scary thought to be honest! I'd be shocked just to see it go down myself!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter