Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: hth liquid chlorinator

  1. Back To Top    #1
    rubone74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    29

    hth liquid chlorinator

    Hello, guys and gals!

    Recently purchased a couple boxes of HTH liquid chlorinator at the Walmart because they were $6 a box. Box read 10% Sodium Hypochlorite. Is there any difference between this brand and the others I can buy at the local Leslie's or Champion pool stores? The reason I ask is because I spoke to a couple of fellow pool owners who explained the other 90% of inert ingredients contained in the cheaper brands may contain higher amounts of salt or calcium than premium brands. Is this something I need to be concerned or aware of? Where can I find the MSDS or the list of ingredients for the other 90%? Thanks for any info!

    Ruben
    13K gal, inground, pebble, 3HP Pentair Intellipro VS pump, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, A&A infloor cleaning system, Taylor K2006 test kit. Build date 06/15.

  2. Back To Top    #2


    TFP Guide

    domct203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,374

    Re: hth liquid chlorinator

    Quote Originally Posted by rubone74 View Post
    Hello, guys and gals!

    Recently purchased a couple boxes of HTH liquid chlorinator at the Walmart because they were $6 a box. Box read 10% Sodium Hypochlorite. Is there any difference between this brand and the others I can buy at the local Leslie's or Champion pool stores? The reason I ask is because I spoke to a couple of fellow pool owners who explained the other 90% of inert ingredients contained in the cheaper brands may contain higher amounts of salt or calcium than premium brands. Is this something I need to be concerned or aware of? Where can I find the MSDS or the list of ingredients for the other 90%? Thanks for any info!

    Ruben
    http://www.noblegov.com/media/catalo...ds/N463C48.pdf

    First hit from a Google search

    https://www.google.com/search?q=HTH+...lorinator+MSDS

    Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

  3. Back To Top    #3
    rubone74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    29

    Re: hth liquid chlorinator

    So, basically water and salt! Is this pretty much the same makeup as other brand liquid chlorinators? Thanks for the info!
    13K gal, inground, pebble, 3HP Pentair Intellipro VS pump, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, A&A infloor cleaning system, Taylor K2006 test kit. Build date 06/15.

  4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad pooldv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    23,994

    Re: hth liquid chlorinator

    Yes, liquid chlorine, liquid shock and bleach are all sodium hypochlorite, water and a pinch of salt. The only difference is the percentage of sodium hypochlorite.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    N Tonawanda, NY
    Posts
    469

    Re: hth liquid chlorinator

    I also found the HTH to be a pretty good buy. 128 oz. @ 10% vs 121 oz. @ 8.5% for most of the bleaches.
    16' x 34' vinyl in ground - 16,500 gal.
    Hayward EC-75 DE filter with Hayward 1hp Super Pump
    TF-100XL Test Kit with SpeedStir

  6. Back To Top    #6
    rubone74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    29

    Re: hth liquid chlorinator

    Awesome, thanks for all the help! I'm going to dump some in my pool right now!!
    13K gal, inground, pebble, 3HP Pentair Intellipro VS pump, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, A&A infloor cleaning system, Taylor K2006 test kit. Build date 06/15.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •