Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hth liquid chlorinator

1. Back To Top    #1

hth liquid chlorinator

Hello, guys and gals!

Recently purchased a couple boxes of HTH liquid chlorinator at the Walmart because they were $6 a box. Box read 10% Sodium Hypochlorite. Is there any difference between this brand and the others I can buy at the local Leslie's or Champion pool stores? The reason I ask is because I spoke to a couple of fellow pool owners who explained the other 90% of inert ingredients contained in the cheaper brands may contain higher amounts of salt or calcium than premium brands. Is this something I need to be concerned or aware of? Where can I find the MSDS or the list of ingredients for the other 90%? Thanks for any info!

Ruben
    13K gal, inground, pebble, 3HP Pentair Intellipro VS pump, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, A&A infloor cleaning system, Taylor K2006 test kit. Build date 06/15.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: hth liquid chlorinator

Quote Originally Posted by rubone74 View Post
    Hello, guys and gals!

Recently purchased a couple boxes of HTH liquid chlorinator at the Walmart because they were $6 a box. Box read 10% Sodium Hypochlorite. Is there any difference between this brand and the others I can buy at the local Leslie's or Champion pool stores? The reason I ask is because I spoke to a couple of fellow pool owners who explained the other 90% of inert ingredients contained in the cheaper brands may contain higher amounts of salt or calcium than premium brands. Is this something I need to be concerned or aware of? Where can I find the MSDS or the list of ingredients for the other 90%? Thanks for any info!

Ruben
    http://www.noblegov.com/media/catalo...ds/N463C48.pdf

First hit from a Google search

https://www.google.com/search?q=HTH+...lorinator+MSDS

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

So, basically water and salt! Is this pretty much the same makeup as other brand liquid chlorinators? Thanks for the info!
    13K gal, inground, pebble, 3HP Pentair Intellipro VS pump, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, A&A infloor cleaning system, Taylor K2006 test kit. Build date 06/15.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, liquid chlorine, liquid shock and bleach are all sodium hypochlorite, water and a pinch of salt. The only difference is the percentage of sodium hypochlorite.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

I also found the HTH to be a pretty good buy. 128 oz. @ 10% vs 121 oz. @ 8.5% for most of the bleaches.
    16' x 34' vinyl in ground - 16,500 gal.
    Hayward EC-75 DE filter with Hayward 1hp Super Pump
    TF-100XL Test Kit with SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

Awesome, thanks for all the help! I'm going to dump some in my pool right now!!