Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Spa Owner...did I make a mistake?!

1. Back To Top    #1

New Spa Owner...did I make a mistake?!

Hello All,

I am a new spa owner that moved into a home with an existing Hot tub. The spa is a South Seas 848L (92"x92"x36"-6 person-48 jets- 2 pumps 6.0 BHP). I wanted to clean the spa so I quickly went online to check to see if CLR was ok to use-as there was what I thought was a build up on the jets of calcium and also a small odour. 1) Is CLR ok to use on hot tubs? Did I do damage?

2) When I re-installed the jets I broke one of the 4" ones. Are they easy to replace and can I order them online?

3) After I refilled the spa, only half the jets work on high. They all work on low but as soon as I hit 'jet 1' for the jets to activate, they just push out a steady stream of water and do not come on high. Jet 2 works fine. What is happening???

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks.
    Ottawa, Canada
    11 800 Gallons
    AG
    Sand
    Fill the pool with well water (very hard water)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Spa Owner...did I make a mistake?!

Hi David, I am going to recommend that you use Ahh-Some to clean your spa. If you do a search of it on this site you will find a wealth of info. Someone with more expertise will address your other concerns, I am sure. Best of luck with your spa.
    2015 Bullfrog 131 180 gal Spa Indoor, TFP bromine fed, Taylor K-2106
    2012 2500 gal. Round vinyl AG Pool, Hayward Easy Clear Filter System, chlorine
    1994 Rubbermaid 175 gal horse tub, still looking for advice on algae problem.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Spa Owner...did I make a mistake?!

Thank you for your response. I have ordered some of the Ahh some to purge and clean my spa. Much appreciated.
    Ottawa, Canada
    11 800 Gallons
    AG
    Sand
    Fill the pool with well water (very hard water)