Robot for above ground pool whose bottom does not have a cove

I believe the word "cove" is correct here. What I mean to say is that the corner on the bottom ring of the pool is a right-angle so I need a robot that can still climb the walls for cleaning without having a nice gradual angle to climb.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm still a manual vacc'er myself and brush my walls so I'm no help at all!

Most robots are not going to climb the walls on their own. If you can get by with just cleaning the floor and brushing the walls by hand, then you might find a lot of unit will do a good job for you. I personally have an Intex auto pool cleaner that does a great job on the floor of my 24ft round agp. I only need to brush the walls maybe once a month if that often.

The Intex robot was cheap, at only $60-$80 price range, you might want to give it a try.

It does have a large fitting that you will have to adapt if you are not putting it into an Intex brand pool. I just "t"ed into my return line and added 2 ball valves to allow me to shut off the flow back into the pool and direct it all into the robot. Worked too good, I had to open the return valve to the jet some because the robot was coming up off the bottom and launching out of the water. Lol

Tim

Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a week or more.

It has a screen inside the belly plate that catches all the trash and dirt. I have found pine needles, whole leaves and lots of heavy grit (from the kids dropping pool toys in the dirt and returning them to the pool with mud still on the toys), even found some long hair from the kids or maybe the wife. Once I even had a little weighted pool toy stuck in the inlet (the kids had left it in the pool and it sucked it right up).

So, I would say if you have a good 1hp pump then it will pick up most anything that will fit thru the bottom opening. I even had to open the bypass valve to my return jet to slow it down some because it was coming up out of the water with full pressure from the pump. LOL

I have been so please with how well it worked to keep the pool spotless, that I went back to ebay and bought 2 more just for parts to keep mine running for another few years. I found them for $23 ea including free shipping. I was plesantly surprised to find that they worked just fine, probably was someone elses return because they didn't have a big enough pump or just didn't read the directions about hooking it up to the return instead of the skimmer. LOL

Either way I hope to have enough parts to have one running as long as I have this pool. (Can we say Inground pool in 5-8 yrs:cool:).

Let me know if you would like some better pics than what you can find online.

I don't know how much HP my pump has...it's this one....Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 2500 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI : Swimming Pool Water Pumps : Patio, Lawn Garden Has a pretty good flow rate, in my unexperienced opinion, lol!! I think I'm going to go ahead and bite the bullet on this one. The only vacuum I have is the little one that came with the "deluxe" Inex maintenance kit and it teeny tiny with a little net bag that fills up with leaves in like 5 minutes....Thanks for the feedback, I'm going for it!! I was a little hesitant when I saw it doesn't use the outlet to suck stuff up, but the inlet instead....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.