CYA level and SLAM question

600m

Jun 12, 2015
Pennsville, New Jersey
Was just looking over the pages detailing how to do it and had a question as to my CYA level. I have a salt water pool and currently my level is low, I was in the process of raising it when my motor broke and everything just went bad. Anyhow should I continue to raise it to 70 as outlined on the Chlorine/CYA chart, or just leave it where it's at and go from there?

When I tested it yesterday it was at 38.

Was just looking over the pages detailing how to do it and had a question as to my CYA level. I have a salt water pool and currently my level is low, I was in the process of raising it when my motor broke and everything just went bad. Anyhow should I continue to raise it to 70 as outlined on the Chlorine/CYA chart, or just leave it where it's at and go from there?

When I tested it yesterday it was at 38.
How did you get a level of "38"? Which test kit are you using?

More importantly, what's your FC level?

What do you mean by "and everything went bad"? Is the water now cloudy? Green?

Dom

How did you get a level of "38"? Which test kit are you using?

More importantly, what's your FC level?

What do you mean by "and everything went bad"? Is the water now cloudy? Green?

Dom

I have the LaMotte 2056 kit. My FC level was pretty much 0. The pool wasn't running for close to 2 weeks due to my motor being broken and not running. Then had gone on vacation shortly after getting the new motor hooked up so can call it 3 weeks with 0 FC. It was very green!

But now that I am back from vacation and have done a SLAM it is crystal clear again. I'm very thankful for finding this site and not relying on the pool store to get it back for me. Thank you everyone!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.