Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Celebrating my one-year anniversary with TFP!

1. Back To Top    #1

Bakersfield, CA

Celebrating my one-year anniversary with TFP!

I found the TFP website a year ago. I'd taken over care of my pool after using a pool service for three years. I had the pool painted so the pool had been drained and refilled and I took over the care of the pool and had to learn everything from scratch. I went to Leslie's and bought a few hundred dollars worth of supplies and followed their advice. I took in water samples often that first summer and used their kit for testing of Cl, pH, and TA. During the winter, I stopped taking in samples and the water looked fine, following the advice of how many pucks to add each week. At the beginning of the next summer I took in a sample and was shocked to hear that the Cyanuric acid level was over 100. I asked, How did that happen? That's when I learned that the pucks (and shock) I'd been adding raised the CYA level. I asked what I should do about it. Well, I needed at least a partial drain but should wait until winter. What was I supposed to do in the meantime? Use more pucks, of course! Run two floaters full of pucks instead of one! I knew that was bad advice that would only keep raising the CYA level. So I searched the internet for an alternative and found the TFP website. What a lifesaver! I became educated in the TFP method of pool chemicals. It all made sense and it worked! I became a TFP supporter. I managed to keep the water clear until I could do a partial drain in the winter. Since then I have added borates. I am so grateful for the TFP website. You guys rock!
    18,000 gallon inground, painted plaster
    Pentair 3/4 hp pump, cartridge filters
    2nd Pentair pump for waterfall/slide

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Celebrating my one-year anniversary with TFP!

Woohoo! Congrats!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

First year, first post, that's pretty cool. Welcome to the forum from out of the lurker shadows.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

Welcome to TFP!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5
    East of Royals country western MO

Well we're glad your here and congratulate you.

Now for the bad (?) news. You won't be getting a congrats card from the pool store
    Si -central Mo. 32' x 16' -- 3'4" to 6' deep Vinyl liner - 16,500 Gals : Triton II filter -Duraglass 2 hp pump - 1 speed : SI-30 salt generator
    TF-100 with speedstir