Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cloudy green pool

1. Back To Top    #1

El paso

Cloudy green pool

i have an intex pool 24 by 52 my TH is 400 my FC is 0 my PH is 8.4 my TA is 240 and my CYA is 30-50. I shocked it with 2 lbs of HTH super shock yesterday and ran the filter for about 18 hours. Today the pool is a cloudy green. I filtered it for about 10 hours today but it is still cloudy green and I can't see the bottom.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Cloudy green pool

Welcome to TFP!

It is important to maintain PH between 7.2 and 7.8. When it gets to 7.8 add muriatic acid yo lower it to 7.2.

Is is very important to maintain chlorine at target level for your CYA, Chlorine CYA Chart, if it drop below minimum then the pool is not properly sanitized and algae will grow.

Now, that algae is growing you will need to Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain your pool to kill the algae.

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cloudy green pool

How is it going with your pool?

I see that you report CYA as 30-50, which makes me think you are using test strips to get your measurements. Strips are not sufficiently accurate to guide you when maintaining pool chemistry or fighting algae - you won't know what levels to maintain or how much bleach to put in.

Please read Pool School - Test Kits Compared so you can be better informed about recommended test kits. Accurate measurements are essential for effective and efficient maintenance of your pool.
    18' x 48" ring top pool (Summer Escapes); 5500 gallons; set up June - October, stored during winter; Intex 2500 gph pump (B size cartridge filter) Hayward 21" sand filter + 1.5 hp single speed Powerflo Matrix pump (upgrade October 2016) *** K-2006 test kit, refills from tftestkits