"Inspect Cell" flashing? what is a "cell"

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the pool game and I have a question about the SWG "inspect cell"

I have a SWG with about salt level at 3200, sand filter with my outdoor in-ground pool with about 30k gallons of water. I keep my pump on 24/7.

A few days ago, I'm seeing that the "inspect cell" light started flashing, I didn't know what it was so I ignore it. However its still flashing. What exactly is a 'cell' and how can I 'inspect' it to get it back to normal?

Thank you!

If it's an AquaRite, the flashing "check cell" light is just a timed reminder to check the salt cell for scale buildup. The cell is inline an should have a number like T-15. You clear the light by pushing the diagnostic button until the light goes out.

The cell has unions that allow it to be removed for service.

You can do it. Turn off the power to the SWG and shut off the pump. Unscrew the unions on each side of the SWG cell. Take it out and look inside for calcium scale which looks like white crusty build up.

Don't try to scrape it clean. The plates have a very thin coating that could be damaged.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.