Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: "Inspect Cell" flashing? what is a "cell"

1. Back To Top    #1

"Inspect Cell" flashing? what is a "cell"

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the pool game and I have a question about the SWG "inspect cell"

I have a SWG with about salt level at 3200, sand filter with my outdoor in-ground pool with about 30k gallons of water. I keep my pump on 24/7.

A few days ago, I'm seeing that the "inspect cell" light started flashing, I didn't know what it was so I ignore it. However its still flashing. What exactly is a 'cell' and how can I 'inspect' it to get it back to normal?

Thank you!

feeding my pool with my textbook money

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: "Inspect Cell" flashing? what is a "cell"

How old is your salt system?

90,000litre, IG vinyl, 1/2 HP Tristar pump, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 ASG
    20000 gallon, IG, SWG, Sand Filter, Hayward 1/2HP + Lorentz direct solsr PV pump

3. Back To Top    #3

If it's an AquaRite, the flashing "check cell" light is just a timed reminder to check the salt cell for scale buildup. The cell is inline an should have a number like T-15. You clear the light by pushing the diagnostic button until the light goes out.

The cell has unions that allow it to be removed for service.

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm not sure how old the unit is actually.

should I call the pool guys to take it out for service? or is this something that I can take out and clean by myself?

thanks!
    feeding my pool with my textbook money

5. Back To Top    #5

You can do it. Turn off the power to the SWG and shut off the pump. Unscrew the unions on each side of the SWG cell. Take it out and look inside for calcium scale which looks like white crusty build up.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Don't try to scrape it clean. The plates have a very thin coating that could be damaged.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit