Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: RustyFN

1. Back To Top    #1

RustyFN

Hello,
    I'm glad I found this group. I live in West Virginia. My wife and I bought a new house with an AG pool. It was clear when we looked at the house and when we moved in it was dark green. We spent 1.5 weeks with one pool company and went to another pool company 1.5 weeks ago. In that three weeks the pool is still green. I am hoping you all can help us. I am going to order a test kit and will ask questions when I have some numbers. In the mean time I have been doing a lot of reading around the forum. Thanks for being hear and for any help I get.
    Rusty
    13,300 gal; AG; Hayward sand filter model S180T; Hayward power flo pump 60 gpm; Hayward Aqua Trol salt chlorine generator; city water.
    Rusty

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: RustyFN

Well, welcome to TFP!

A quality test kit will take you far.

With a 13,000+ gallon pool a gallon of bleach a day won't hurt and may even help.

As you read don't be afraid to ask questions. There is a lot of information and it can get confusing at times.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP! I just joined recently and this forum helped me from spending hundreds of dollars on useless chemicals and took my pool from cloudy to clear in 3 days. Lots of good information and people to help you understand it. =-)
    4.5k gallon 20'x12'x48" Intex Soft Pool, stock 1500gph Intex Easy Set Pool Filter Pump, modified with a second return/fountain for cooling purposes.

4. Back To Top    #4

Hello Rusty. As Tim noted above, the test kit is everything. Here are some quick links to help get you in the right direction:
    Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
    Poolmath calculator
    Pool School - Recommended Levels
    Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    TFTestkits.net
    Pool School - Test Kits Compared

I have the TF-100 w/ speed stir and love it. Great product and value that will last al season if not more. Welcome!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Hello and welcome. Rusty FNG friendly new guy.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the welcome everybody. I ordered the Taylor 2006 test kit and should have it Wednesday. I am going to stock up on bleech and get ready for a slam.
    13,300 gal; AG; Hayward sand filter model S180T; Hayward power flo pump 60 gpm; Hayward Aqua Trol salt chlorine generator; city water.
    Rusty

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP Rusty! Pool School is where it's at Buddy! Invest in the TF100 and you'll never go wrong. We'll be here to help you learn and clear your pool!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter