Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Way Too Much Algaecide added to above ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Port Saint Joe, FL

Way Too Much Algaecide added to above ground pool

I accidentally added a whole bottle (32 ozs) of algaecide to my pool. What should I do besides don't swim in it until it dissipates?
    I have a round 20' x 48" above ground pool manufactured by polygroup. It has an SFS1000 skimmer unit. It has a vinyl liner. It has metal posts and rim which is rounded (can't clip anything to it).

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Way Too Much Algaecide added to above ground pool

Do you have a test kit of any kind? What kind of algaecide was it?

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Way Too Much Algaecide added to above ground pool

Welcome to TFP!

Never add algaecide to your pool again and maintain your pool TFPC style.

First get a good test kit, Pool School - Test Kits Compared. I use the TF100 from

When you get it give us some test results and get ready to Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain your pool.

While you wait for your kit have a look at these,
    Pool School - Getting Started
    Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach