Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward LX vs Matrix

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward LX vs Matrix

I'm replacing my current pump/motor that didn't last more than 5 years.

Any thoughts on getting the HAYWARD MATRIX pump (1hp) over the HAYWARD LX (1hp)? I know there is a price difference but is it that much ($50+) over the life of the unit?

Thanks,

dpool
    9x17 AG Vinyl "SPLASHER" w/outside struts (7/04), thru the wall skimmer & return, C900 Hayward Cartridge Filter (3/08), 1 hp Hayward Power-Flo II pump (4/09), Wanda Whale auto cleaner (3/07), new Wanda shoes (6/09), VinylWorks A Frame Step Ladder Entry System w/Gate (5/06), 5-1gal gravel-filled jugs hung w/ zip ties under steps to stop steps from floating, 1-3" TAB FLOAT under stairs (empty), More noodles, floats, and toys than allowed in any 9x17 sized pool!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward LX vs Matrix

The maxtrix series has a heavy duty motor and a few other bells and whistles. Both are solid performers.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Waterbear!

I guess I just have to pick which bells and what whistles I want! HA!

Thanks for a quick response - I guess things will start to pick up around here as we all start opening up our pools.

Thanks,

dpool
    9x17 AG Vinyl "SPLASHER" w/outside struts (7/04), thru the wall skimmer & return, C900 Hayward Cartridge Filter (3/08), 1 hp Hayward Power-Flo II pump (4/09), Wanda Whale auto cleaner (3/07), new Wanda shoes (6/09), VinylWorks A Frame Step Ladder Entry System w/Gate (5/06), 5-1gal gravel-filled jugs hung w/ zip ties under steps to stop steps from floating, 1-3" TAB FLOAT under stairs (empty), More noodles, floats, and toys than allowed in any 9x17 sized pool!

4. Back To Top    #4

Personally I prefer the Matrix because of the built in on/off switch, oversized strainer basket, and extremely fast and easy disassembly of the pump and strainer housing. I have sold many of both and all the customers that bought them have been very satisfied. Hayward also makes the Powerflo II which is self priming (not usually needed for above ground pools, however.)

5. Back To Top    #5

dpool,

Have you thought about switching to a 2 speed pump? Pentair makes a 1 HP 110V 2-speed pump. Here's a linky if you're interested.

Mike
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"