Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Addressing Multiple Issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Addressing Multiple Issues

With the torrential rains ending, have to address low TA, low CH, and probably low CYA this week. No confusion on how to address each, but is there any problem doing them all at once?
    16K gallon IG exposed aggregate pool with Aquarite SWG T15 cell, Hayward C1750 filter, EcoStar SP3400VSP pump, H400FD pool/spa heater, Polaris PB4-60 booster pump, 280 pressure cleaner, Hayward Super II spa pump and Air Supply Silencer spa blower

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Addressing Multiple Issues

Raising TA and CH at the same time will probably lead to cloudiness. It will pass with time.

The CYA can just be set in the skimmer in a sock and left there. I'd deal with pH, TA, and CH in that order, and let things mix good between additions. Also remember that you'll lose salt if things overflow, so don't neglect that or the SWG may stop generating.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Addressing Multiple Issues

Thanks, Richard.

Have TA up to 70 and am working on CH. Added ~5 lbs of Calcium Choloride this morning to bring CH up to 230 this evening. Added another 3 lbs this evening and will measure tomorrow. Pool Math tells me I need just under 12 lbs to bring CH up to 300. I'll probably be cautious in further additions.
    16K gallon IG exposed aggregate pool with Aquarite SWG T15 cell, Hayward C1750 filter, EcoStar SP3400VSP pump, H400FD pool/spa heater, Polaris PB4-60 booster pump, 280 pressure cleaner, Hayward Super II spa pump and Air Supply Silencer spa blower