Hey, new here, and know jack about proper maintenance. We have a 12' pop-up pool. I've been able to keep the water clear most of the summer, gets cloudy, add some powder chlorine, etc. We went on vacation, and I covered the pool while we were gone. Water was fairly good-looking when we got back, but quickly got overgrown with swamp-like algae. Unfortunately I had to let it go for a few days until I could buy some chemicals. I did 2 shock treatments and only about 1/2 improvement so far. I know I should have a test kit, but I don't. I was just reading about the BBB methods. I have some baking soda & borax here already, any guesses on what I need without getting a test kit right away?
Sorry for my ignorance, and thanks!