Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex swg high salt light on

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex swg high salt light on

I've had my fourth intex swg running for 2 weeks, with no problems. 7 hours a day as it's been heat index of over 100. Swam in the pool several hours Friday night. Today noticed the water level is 2-3 inches low. Must have been a lot of splashing. Water is cloudy with a sort of oily feel. We started noticing the oily feel when we got out Friday night.And the high salt light is on. Adding more water now. What else can I do to fix the high salt light? Since the system has been running for 2 weeks without it, amd I know I put the right amount of salt when starting it, if maybe not enough, why would the high salt light come on? I never checked the pool yesteday so don't know how long it's been on or if the swg produced chlorine last night.
    Tracy
    intex 15 x 48 round pool
    intex salt water system

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex swg high salt light on

Finished filling the pool with the missing water. Turned off the swg and back on. That was an hour ago and high salt light is off and swg is making chlorine. We'll see what happens.

Tracy
    intex 15 x 48 round pool
    intex salt water system

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intex swg high salt light on

call intex and get a new control unit sent out (if its still under warranty). mine is less than a month old and gave me the high salt right off the bat. worked once in a while, but then nothing but high salt error. called intex on Friday and they are shipping me a new control unit. most say this fixes the problem.
    Intex 15' x 48" metal frame AGP. Intex eco-7110 SWG