Replacement bulbs for pool light

So I have a Jandy pool light, and the bulbs need to be replaced. The label says to replace with this bulb which is 65 bucks for 2, and you need 8, so a total of 260 dollars for 8.

I found these bulbs on Amazon and they seem to be the exact same thing, and it's 23 bucks for 10 of them.

Am I missing something? Is there a reason that Leslie's has them at 10 times the price? These are just standard MR16 halogen bulbs, right? Or are they? Can someone help?

Shocking isn't it - no pun intended. I use different bulbs, bus all I can say is that the pool store was 100% higher than Amazon.

In addition to the bulbs, do you need new gaskets? Read the owners manual and see what Jandy says.

I'm ignoring Leslie's markup for anything pool related. They want 4x the price for baking soda.

What I could not find are a few aspects of the Jandy bulbs. The amazon bulbs you found specify color temperature (2950K, a "soft white"), and specify a flood beam width of 36 degrees. The Jandy/Zodiac parts don't specify either of those, so while they are electrically and physically compatible, it's not clear if they are identical. I did find one website that has "60 degrees" in the part name, but nowhere else was beam angle mentioned.

Just to tease further, Amazon had a link to another site, 1000bulbs dot com, that has similar lamps for $0.84 each. 3000K, 36 degree beam width (flood), 2000 hours rating. Eight of those is $7.
Here are 60 degree floods, 5000 hour rating, $2.58/ea: https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/7152/MR16CG-1000446U.html

If Jandy published more specs on these bulbs there would be an equal comparison.

If the Jandy bulbs are 60deg floods then those last 60deg floods might be worth a try, but I don't know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.