Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Block the sun in my yard

1. Back To Top    #1

Block the sun in my yard

In the summer, when the sun is going down, it shines in a way that pretty much blinds you. Are there any recommendations as to something to use to block the sun while still letting the breeze through? It would have to be mounted vertically.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Block the sun in my yard

I have built a type of wall frame in the past and used lattice in the middle. That worked well for my purposes. At another location, I made a wall frame, but instead of lattice I installed a bamboo-type shade that I could draw up or down when needed.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Block the sun in my yard

2 4x4x8 foot tall posts with an inexpensive roll down sunshade from lowes? Or however many you need....unless you can go permanent then get an inexpensive shade sail and mount it at an angle?

4. Back To Top    #4

Curtis- 20k gallon IG gunnite/plaster with hot tub/waterfall and "grotto"
    All Jandy equipment: 60sqft DE filter - 399k btu natural gas heater - Stealth pumps - iAquaLink RS8.
    Polaris 9400 on patrol.
    TF-100 in da house/TFP method in effect: FC=4-6, pH=7.5, TA=80, CH=250, CYA=50, Borate=50, CSI=-0.21