ClearCare Expert vs. Taylor K-2006

May 5, 2015
Colleyville, TX
I took in water sample to the pools store today and my test results were way off from what I got using my Taylor test kit. I drew the samples at the same time this morning.

Using my kit, I showed a FC of 4 and 0.2 CC, pH of 7.2. The pool store uses the ClearCare Expert Computerized Water Analysis System and said my FC was 1.25, CC was 1.03 and pH was 7.7. How can I be this far apart? Is the ClearCare system more accurate than the Taylor kit? When I tested for combined chlorine, there was only the faintest blush of color - it just took a single drop of titrating reagent to clear it up. Also my water is clear and I've been diligent maintaining my FC levels.

I have the Taylor K-2006 FAS DPD kit with fresh reagents (no more than 3 months old). Also I store my kit indoors so it's not subjected to extreme temperatures. I assumed that the computerized test was less subject to human error, but based on the water quality i think my pool kit is closer to the truth. The water is crystal clear and doesn't sting your eyes. I haven't seen any evidence of algae either.

Without question .... YOUR kit. The pool store consistently finds a way to skew your readings, either through inadequate lighting, rushing to satisfy customer lines, or store-specific (poor) training. You have the tools you need. Trust those and your pool will thank you for it. :)

Well, I say stick with the Taylor results.

That computerized soupy stem is provided by a company called Lonza, and here is what dealers get for using it:

As an authorized Lonza Dealer, you are able to offer your customers a winning selection of quality products and chemistries. As a Lonza ClearCare™ Dealer, we offer you even more, including:
Incentives including discounts, rebates and exclusive rewards
ClearFund™ Accrual - 7% of your purchases are available to use for co-op advertising, merchandising and displays,Aquanology™ Pool & Spa Forum accommodations and/or our all-inclusive Dealer Trip
ClearCare™ Promise Satisfaction Guarantee - This guarantee is only available to ClearCare™ dealers. If one of your customers is unsatisfied withtheir poolife®, BAQUACIL®, BAQUA Spa® or Brilliance® for spas pool and/or spa care systems within one year of purchase, we will provide the products to convert them to another Lonza pool and/or spa care system for FREE. No other pool/spa chemical company offers such a complete guarantee. The ClearCare™ Promise Satisfaction Guarantee is fully supported by Lonza with a complete collection of materials to get informed on program details from both the dealer and consumer end.
ClearCare™ Advantage - ClearCare™ dealers may count Advantis® branded product purchases toward their Lonza CleaFund™accrual. The Advantis™ family of brands includes Leisure Time®, GLB®, Rendezvous®, Robarb™,Applied Biochemists®, Aqua Silk®, Ultima® and Quantum Biochemical®. Dollars will be calculated on2% of all Advantis™ product purchases added to your end-of-the-year total. The eligibility dates are from October 1 through September 30.
Dealer Trip - Accommodations and airfare for two at an all-inclusive resort using your ClearFund™ accrual
Co-op Advertising - Broadcast, web, outdoor, print and more- Reimbursements up to 100% on select items
Certified Pool Operator® Training - You become even more of an expert with our certified training.

So for using their testing and selling their chemicals they get discounts and trips. I trust them even more now.

Program Overview

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.