Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex deluxe wall mount skimmer depth?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex deluxe wall mount skimmer depth?

I installed a new Ultra Frame 18x48 pool this year & lowered the water level to 36" for my youngest. Since I plan on raising the level to the proper height as she grows I can't do an in wall skimmer but desperately need a skimmer with all the bugs in my yard. Seems like my only choice is the Intex wall mount skimmer set up that everyone fights with so my question is how low will the skimmer mount? At one point I saw an extension bracket that was available separately to lower the skimmer height but can't find it now. If I buy the deluxe "kit" it includes a bracket but can someone verify the height? Right now with my water level dropped I am about 2.5" above the intakes or about the middle of the return, I modified my return with PVC so it doesn't aerate the pool btw.
    Intex Ultra Frame 18'X48", water level lowered to 37", 5700 gallons. Intex 3000 GPH Sand Filter, Intex SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Anderson, ca

Re: Intex deluxe wall mount skimmer depth?

I think it would be easier to build a shallow end. I have seen several platforms but I can't find them now. My kid too fast and I deleted the bookmarks. But a platform for the little kids that is removable might be easier than trying to adjust the skimmer height.
    5061 gal AG Intex 16 x 48 Ultra metal frame installed 8/10/14. 1500 gph Intex Cartridge Filter Pump with over side skimmer. Intex SWG 7k gal. TF-100 Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Intex deluxe wall mount skimmer depth?

Would something like this thing Ozzy built work for you? Homemade Skmmer
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!