intex saltwater system

Aug 1, 2015
Deer Park, TX
Just put up a 24" by 52" intex pool added needed salt and ran filter pump for 24 hours like it said in owners manual. Also installed a saltwater system to go with it. Owners manual on saltwater system says that on start up you have to put system on boost cycle. My question is do i run the boost cycle or do i just run the regular hours on the system.

Thanks Mauigal!!!! Well i have been running the boost cycle for about 8 hours and tested water and is showing zero for chlorine on test strip but all other readings are good. Instructions on manual said run swg on boost cycle which for my pool would be 7 hrs × 8hrs= 56hours on boost cycle. Ive only ran on boost for 8 hrs so do i continue the boost cycle or run the regular hrs on swg to get chlorine in my pool?

Either way is fine. On mine, all boost mode does is increase the normal run time by 4x and turn on copper production. But I have the copper bars disconnected. So boost just enables me to increase run time without resetting the timer.

If you have the newer ECO model without the copper bars, I'm not sure what boost does. But either way shouldn't cause any problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.