Woke up with dull water this morning!

Jun 10, 2015
Ottawa, Canada
I woke up with pool water that lost its sparkle, not necessarily cloudy but dull.

Been lowering my FC since July 24th, from 15 to 4.5 (was that high from vacation where cover was on and ended up with too much chorine, but sparkling water) I did an OCLT(night of July 24th) at FC 15, and had 0 lost.

Others:
TA 70, CH 500, CYA 35, pH started at 7.5 and slowly drifted to 7.7.
(Salt and Swim manual states to have CYA between 30 and 50)
I don't want to be on high side has I have lots of shade and only run the SWCG at 20-30% with a CYA at 35.

This morning:
FC 3.5, CC 0, pH 7.7, h2o at 80

I can't imagine having algea only 1 week after successful OCLT and lowest FC being 4.
Could it be getting dull from my high CH?

Never had any issues like this last year, but my CH was at 110. PB had to redo my pool bottom and this year water came from a different source and had CH 500 and TA 180. I fixed the TA, but can't drain water and refill with my well(which is at CH 180).

This morning pool was better and now pretty much back to normal, so I guess I will need to watch my pH more closely and not let it go above 7.6. Too bad I did not test the water before the fill... Last year water was greenish, but parameters were really good, this year was clear water, but with high TA and CH.

It's amazing the little things you notice as you test your pool more. I think part of it is a mind set in which having a pool store test our water makes it their problem while self testing makes us pay attention to smaller details.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.