Salt Cell Trouble

DALEL

Aug 1, 2015
Prairieville/LA
We have an in ground gunite pool (18,000 gallons) that is 15 months old with an aqua pure salt system. I had a service error "HH" yesterday so I decided to check the salt cell this morning. It had quite a bit of scale built up so I cleaned it thoroughly with the water/acid mix. The cleaning removed all of the scale. I put it back into service and I'm getting a low salt reading / alarm now. It's reading 0.6-0.8, and it was reading 3.1 the day before yesterday. I took a water sample to the local pool store and the result was 3.1, which leaves me scratching my head. Obviously, the salt water generator will not produce chlorine with the salt reading where it is now. Should I replace the sensor or should I recalibrate the salt cell? If calibration is an option, what is the procedure? I can't find it in any of the aqua pure literature.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Unfortunately there is really no way to calibrate the Aquapure system. Some of the replacement sensors added a small board with a calibrate button but I'm not sure if you have one of those. How old is your system and have you ever replaced the sensor or cell before? Jandy sensors (at least in the past) were known to go bad. I replaced mine (original design from 2006) a couple years back and it's been rock solid since. I've heard they have even done another upgrade on them. If you can, post a picture of your system and sensor so we can give you a little more advice. Based on the symptoms described, your sensor either needs a good cleaning or needs replacing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.