A Tale of Two Test Kits: TF-100 vs. ColorQ

sundog1973

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2015
Fargo
I started out with the ColorQ 7 in June, but had a brief issue with high CC numbers that led me to do a prophylactic SLAM. I found out at that time my ColorQ couldn't measure anything over 10ppm, so I ordered up the TF-100.

I got through my SLAM in about five days using all the info and tips learned here in the forums (thank you, TFP!!), along with some creative manipulation of the ColorQ test that allowed me to measure what I thought was 16-18ppm FCL.

Once I got both test kits, of course, I wanted to compare results. Turns out, they are very different. For example, today, the ColorQ shows me a 5.02 for FCL and 5.11 for TCL (CC of .09), while the TF-100 took 17 drops to clear (8.5 FCL) and one drop to clear the CC test (>.5).

Three questions: 1) Am I doing something wrong? 2) Is this result expected? 3) Which test is correct?

1) I assume you are probably doing the tests correctly

2) Given the previous experiences from forum users I fully expect the ColorQ to be less accurate than the FAS-DPD test

3) Trust the TF-100

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.