Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool/new to salt

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool/new to salt

Hi everyone. Glad to be here. I have done alot of rteading on here and I am starting to understand(I think).
    Got pool set up and going good. All seems fine. Had water tested at local pool store. Ordering test kit tonight or in the am. Test strips are not reading correct so a test kit is definetly in order.
    12 x 52 rectangle vinyl Intex above ground pool with a sand filter and copper and titanium ionizers.Salt water system. Located in Summerville,SC. Installed June 2015. No test kit yet but getting ready to order. Filled with city water.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Lexington Park MD

Re: New pool/new to salt

Welcome to TFP. Wise choice in ordering your own test kit. I'm new to the salt system too but I'm getting use to it thanks to this community.
    6280 Gal Intex 17' x 52" Metal Frame AG
    2500 GPH Filter Pump
    Intex Krystal clear SWG
    Taylor K-2005 With FAS-DPD Drop TEST KIT And Speedstir
    Intex Robot Pool Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Welcome and enjoy.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!

Congrats on taking over your pool care!

Here are a few articles to check out while you wait.
    Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs
    Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

salt isn't any harder if you get your SWG running happy its actually easier as you have to add very little chlorine manually or none at all. Welcome to the forums listen to everyone here and the only problem you will have is seeing all the dirt on the bottom of the pool to easy!
    Intex 20' x 52" Ultra frame pool w/ 1,600-Gallon sand filter. With Intex 120v krystal clear saltwater system.