Skimmer flap/weir

red.32

Silver Supporter
Jul 7, 2015
CA
It looks like my skimmer's suction isn't getting the surface dust into the filter. I'm thinking of putting in a skimmer
flap/weir to help. Is there a particular brand that's better or any tip you have on this?

Every skimmer should have a weir. What brand is the skimmer? Didn't it originally have one? If so you should be able to get a replacement at a pool store (yes, there are times when they are the place to go). If they don't have the right part, there are universal replacement ones.

Every skimmer should have a weir. What brand is the skimmer? Didn't it originally have one? If so you should be able to get a replacement at a pool store (yes, there are times when they are the place to go). If they don't have the right part, there are universal replacement ones.
Skimmer is really old, and I have no idea who the manufacturer is. We never had a weir. Are they different or pretty much the same?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.