Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Indoor pool light idea

1. Back To Top    #1

Indoor pool light idea

New to these forums. Hello to everyone. I have an indoor pool which my father put in 12 years ago as a fitness pool for my now deceased mother. He has since moved from his country home on our farm to a small town near here. I have moved into the house and landscaped the pool area in a tropical theme. I have overhead fluorescent lighting which are not dimmable, although I can turn on 4 at a time. There are 8. I would like to find a hanging globe type light to drop from the ceiling and be able to put maybe an orange or reddish bulb in to give a moon effect. Sometime at night I don't want the 4 lights on as it is plenty bright. I thought a hanging globe light would not only be not very bright being the only one in the room, but also give a neat look of the moon shining in the room. If I can find one i thought I'd wire it for 2 bulbs on separate circuits, with an orange bulb in one, a reddish bulb in the other. Then I could turn on either one depending on what I wanted. Can someone direct me to a source for a hanging globe fixture or I am open to any other ideas/suggestions. Thanks

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Indoor pool light idea

That is a wonderful set up. I found a couple you might like. Try a google search. I found some that would be purrrfect but did not go far enough to find where to buy them........I will leave the up to you. LOL

Moon in My Room Lunar phases light

High vs Low full moon light | MODMISSY

Globe Pendant Light - giant pendant light Moon by Design Ocilunam

I would love to see what you find!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

how lovely!

how about instead of overhead soft lighting, you spotlight some of those beautiful plants? lower wattage landscaping lights pointed to the foliage would be beautiful.
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by northrn View Post
    how lovely!

how about instead of overhead soft lighting, you spotlight some of those beautiful plants? lower wattage landscaping lights pointed to the foliage would be beautiful.
    OH I like this idea! SO pretty and soft.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by northrn View Post
    how lovely!

Actually we have that. It does look really cool at night. The granddaughters love to swim at night with just them on.
    I will see if I have some pics to post