LifeTime Supporter
Sep 15, 2013
Fayetteville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
For the last 5 or so years the same company maintained our pool. They were in and out in 30-45 minutes.

We now have a new pool maintenance person (previous folks retired). Even if we weren't having (what I suspect are) CYA issues, the current cleaning service would still be required to visit the pool no less than 2 days a week.

What is the closely-guarded secret?! How can the prof companies do it so quickly on one visit per week, but the new provider takes hours and a minimum of 2 visits to maintain pretty water?

Each pool service company will follow their own method to take care of the pools and some spend more time than others taking care of the pools.

I spend maybe 25 minutes a week working on my pool and that includes brushing it. I guarantee you that my pool water, using the TFP method and suggested chem levels, is in better shape than any "professionally" serviced pool.

Believe me! If I were living in the home attached to the pool (rather than 300 miles away) I would personally be maintaining the pool. But 2 weeks after buying the house (some 6 years ago) my husband deployed. He returned a year later with orders in hand to move. Hence, why I never learned how to care for it, much less in the TFP way. If I only knew then what I knew now. . .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.