Is My CYA Too High or Low or Am I Using the Wrong Terminology?

That would probably work but you don't want something too coarse or else the CYA will still pass through instead of more fully dissolving. You want it to dissolve in the skimmer and not get to the filter because in the filter it will dissolve much more slowly since the water velocity is much slower (much larger surface area of the filter so slower water velocity).

almost 3/4 of the country has old long john's, I used an old one and the CYA worked perfect... they are mesh enough to message and you get giant plumes of white CYA come out with no crystals.. worked in the hot tub also :)

Well, I poured the granular stabilizer into both skimmers with that "filter saver" sock-like things last night, ran my pool for ~13 hours, checked it this morning, and all the CYA was dissolved. I then measured my CYA and it came in between 40-45. I think I'm now in the clear! :D

I use liquid stabilizer found at pool store. Yes it is a little more expensive but you get quicker results without having to squeeze a sock several times a day. All you do is pour it into the skimmer.

Same reasoning here, although in my case I pour it out slowly in front of my 3 swim jets running full on as that provides the last instant mixing. To OP: Important with liquid stabilizer to go back after the pool has sat for 15-20 minutes without any mixing going on and see if any stabilizer has wound up sitting on the bottom of the pool. Just brush it away and after a few minutes it will dissolve. The closer you get to higher levels the more likely this seems to happen. Not a problem as long as you don't let it sit there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.