Installer didn't get the gorilla pad so he bought landscape fabri...Help!

Mar 23, 2015
Liberty/Tx
We are counter-sinking my saltwater 8000 and the armor shield or gorilla pad I thought they were going to install didn't show up. So they bought a insulation type product and some poly. I told them not to install the poly because I read it can retain moisture but I wasn't sure about the landscape fabric. Am I going to be ok with just landscape fabric? Please advise asap...?. Thanks in advance!

In my experience, landscape fabric starts to deteriorate after a while, usually a year. I would have them but a high quality tarp at Home Depot or some other home improvement store and use that instead of the fabric. The other option that I would go for is to pause for a moment and order the Gorilla Pad from Amazon. The pad will be at your house by Tuesday.

Here is a thread on just this topic :)

Landscaping fabric under pool?

Yep, Happy Pad works and is better than landscape fabric IMHO.

If the area is level and they use thin layer of sand and compact it very well, it should be OK.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.