LifeTime Supporter
Jul 20, 2015
Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
First, let me say how awesome this site/forum is. And in the interest of full disclosure, we just finished our first SLAM, passing the OCLT last night.

I'm not rushing to fix these stains as first I want to get to know our pool and where it likes to be. But I'd like to look ahead to the future and just get an idea of what's in store. I'll likely wait until the fall to tackle this as I'm pretty sure these are metal stains and the SLAM has left our kids wanting to swim!

We scrubbed the stains with a pumice stone and they lifted somewhat. The vitamin C test also seemed to turn the surrounding area white. So I'm assuming we need to do an ascorbic acid treatment. Do you agree?

The previous owner told us the staining was from the floaters filled with pucks - not sure how accurate that is. There seems to be a ring near the bottom curve of the pool, where the wall meets the floor, that has the same staining. I don't believe it to be algae because it's not brush able at all.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.